Download Catia v5 Interview Questions and Answers PPT from PPTify. Here is the most asked Catia v5 Interview Questions and Answers which are represented in this PPT. so download and enjoy.
1. Expand CATIAV5?
Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application.
2. What is the save extension of sketcher file?
3. Does CATIA V5 work on UNIX Platform?
4. Is it possible to increase the size of plane boundary representation & how?
Yes, go for Tools-Options- Infrastructure-Part structure-Display
5. Is It Possible to directly enter in to Sketcher Workbench?
No, it is not possible to enter in to sketcher workbench directly. We have to go for any
workbench &form there we can enter the sketcher workbench..
Which is the tool used to exit from sketcher workbench to part design Workbench?
6. What is use of construction elements?
Construction elements assist in sketching the required profile in sketcher.
7. What are the default units of LMT (Length, Mass and Time)
mm, Kg, Second.
8. What is SKETCH TOOLS in sketcher work bench & Explain the Importantance of it?
SKETCH TOOLS in sketcher workbench are the commands, which find very use in creating sketches. SKETCH TOOLS are namely geometric and dimensional constraints, construction elements/standard elements and Grid option. They play very important role in sketching, whenever we want to constrain a sketch we use these options and if we want to convert any element into a construction element once again these options come into picture.
9. Is it possible to hide specification tree?
Yes, with help of F3 button, but the option in Tools command must be checked to
10. What is SHOW/HIDE option?
Show mode enable us to see all the components presently opened and in Hide mode we can
hide the desired elements from the view for time being.
11. What is the use of Cut Part by Sketch Plane?
This task shows how to make some edges visible. In other words, we are going to
simplify the sketch plane by hiding the portion of the material that is not needed for
12. How do you measure arc length?
We can measure arc length by using MEASURE ITEM command. Sometimes we need to
customize the option for arc length if it is not checked earlier using customization in
MEASURE ITEM command.
13. What is the meaning of true dimension?
True dimension is the dimension desired after the machining. In other words, this is the
value that should be attained after the machining.
14. What do you mean by ISO-Constraints?
If all of the degrees of freedom of geometry have been takes up by a consistent combination of dimensions & fixed geometry,. That geometry is said to be ISO-CONSTRAINED.Geometry that still has some degrees of freedom is said to be UNDER constrained.
15. What is the file extension of a part file?
File Extension of Part file is dot CATPart (.CATPart)
16. Which are the Neutral file extensions we can use for the part file?
IGES/igs, STEP/stp, STL, WRL, etc
17. Can you create a Block using a line/ Is it possible to extrude a Line or Open profile using PAD.
Yes, you can create a block using line. when you are extruding a line or any open profile you can check thick option in Pad feature (to avoid Error message). You can Give limit one , Limit Two and Thickness one and two. You will get Block from line and thin sheet from any open profile.
Note: Don’t use this option to create a sheet metal part using part design.
18. What is Merge ends in Pad.
Please refer the following figure-1 for merge ends in pad. Create a hollow block. On inside surface create an open profile. To extrude an open profile select thick option and it will extrude by taking the length of curve. When you check merge ends option solid will extend up to the next wall here it will maintain the tangent continuity.
19. Application of Multi-pad.
Application of multi pad is to extrude profiles to different height we can use it . Please ref the following figure-2.
20. How do you create a corner chamfer for a bolt/Nut.
Using Grove option you can create a corner Chamfer for Bolt.
21. What the difference between Merge Rib ends and Merge ends in Rib option.
Merge rib ends will extend a solid along center curve up to the solid and merge ends will extend a solid along profile end points to solid.
22. What are the uses of coupling Curves and Guide curves in Loft/ Multi-section Solid.
Coupling curves are used to get number of edges on the solid and Guide curves are used to get the shape to a solid.
23. what are the limiting elements in Multi-section Solid.
If you are selected N number of profiles in Loft or Multi-section and creating a solid along a spine or through the guide curves . the Limitations are first and last profile .
24. What is Trim Ribbons in fillet?
If the fillet materials are over lapping each other to remove that overlapped material trim ribbons are used OR It will remove the overlapped material in fillet.
25. what is Circle fillet?
Due to concave and convexity the fillet on the edges ll try to close or it will expand to avoid and maintain the parallel on the creating fillet Circle fillet is useful.
26. can you create a hyperbolic fillet in Catia? if yes How?
Yes we can create a hyperbolic fillet. by defining the parameter value above 0.5 and less than 1.0 you will get hyperbolic fillet. If the parameter is 0.5 resulting is parabolic fillet. If parameter is less than 0.5 and greater than 0.0 you will get Elliptical fillet.
27. can you create a sheet metal parts in Part design. How
You can create sheet metal parts in part design by using SHELL option. Here the shell will be your last feature to complete the model.
28. Can you operate a shell command on Spear.
29. Is it possible to give a variable distance for a features in rectangular pattern.
Ans:Yes we can give a variable distance in Rectangular pattern. Select the option Instances and Unequal spacing.
30. What is use of keep specification in Patterns.
Ans:Keep specification in the pattern is, it will maintain the same specifications what you have used for the patterned feature to the entire Duplicate.
31. what are the differences between Mirror and symmetry.
Differences between mirror and Symmetry
Reference will be a plane or any planar surface
Reference may be a Plane, Point or a line
It will create a Duplicate
Orininal element will be translated to other side of the reference
Can be used for a single or multiple Features
It will consider a current solid in a body
32. Can you use symmetry reference as a point or line
33. can you make a symmetry of single feature out of 10 features.
34. what is the difference between ADD and ASSEMBLE in boolean operation. (I can confuse any one for this question)
Please refer blog ADD and ASSEMBLE in boolean operation
35. What Is remove Lump?
Remove lump is a only option we can use within a inserted body or in a part body to remove the unwanted lump.
36. Is there any alternate option for remove lump?
Ans:Alternative option for remove lump is remove faces in Dress-up feature.
37. Is it possible to use pad as alternative for stiffener?
38. What is power copy?
Power copy is a feature using this u can copy a single or multiple features and save it whenever required you can insert (Similar to Block command in AUTOCAD)
39. What is UFC?
UFC = User Feature Creation. Its again similar to Power copy
40. What is the difference between PC & UFC.
Ans:The Difference between Power copy and UFC is . when you insert a power copy you will get a Feature or sketch what you have copied when you are creating an Independent feature. But when you insert UFC you will get a user feature and you get get an independent feature.
more in PPT…